It is this simple. The key to success is this:
In order to be successful you must convey yourself in a way that commands the attention of your associates. My associates vary in age. I must work with them according to what they are most accustomed to interpreting.
And, sure, you might be saying, “But Jami, you have an college education. What if I do not?” To which I would respond; ANYONE CAN DO THIS! YOU CAN DO THIS!
Here are the 30 “secret” key phrases I use everyday before lunch:
2. I said no.
3. What is wrong with you?
5. Get in the car!
6. Get in the car now!
7. Get in the car or I will kick your lung out!
8. I am not going into the admin office in my pajamas one more time this week!
9. Fine, I will be taking your cell phone.
10. What is that smell?
11. Are you poopy?
12. Is your brother poopy?
13. Don’t put that in your mouth.
15. We don’t hit.
16. That’s it.
17. You are getting a spanking!
18. Please stop licking the shower door.
19. Please stop watching me shave my legs.
20. Please stop.
21. Get in time out.
22. Come here.
23. Now apologize.
24. Spit that out!
25. Good Lord!?!?!
27. How is that even physically possible?
28. We do not draw on our brother!
29. What in the world would possess you to do this?
30. What is that smell?
And as a bonus, my favorite: Have you lost your mind?
Words are the key to unlocking your potential and the potential of those around you. For instance, you read this because of the first 6 words in the title. I was able to capture your attention. Now I will confess, I never made one million dollars, BUT, I did retrieve a quarter, 3 dimes, and a penny from a child’s mouth today (see #24). There is money to be made. You just have to harness the power!
Go get em!